The last time I was home a couple weekends ago, my nephew Christian and I decided to have a "thleepover" (aka: sleepover - his little 4 year old lisp has all S's sounding like 'th'). It was the sweetest thing ever. He had to hold my hand all night, not because he was scared he kept assuring me, but because he would know where I was if he had to go pee in the middle of the night. He said he couldn't fall asleep without a song, so I started singing a primary song I knew he would know. He kept saying 'another', so 3 primary songs later he pipes in (in the middle of my wonderful performance), "Kacy, I don't like primary songs. Sing a song from one of my favorite singers like Weezer or Kanye". I knew he couldn't mean the Kanye West, so I asked him to sing me one of Kanye's songs so I would know who he was. He then proceeded to rap the song 'Heartless' by Kanye West (if you've ever heard this song, you can imagine how funny a 4-year-old 'singing' it sounds). Where does this kid get this stuff?? Needless to say, I ended up not rapping one of his songs, and ended with The Sweater Song by Weezer. He said I didn't really sound like Weezer, but that it was okay... thanks Christian. Next time we have a sleepover I'll practice before bedtime.Here's a picture of him the next morning with my mom... I miss sleeping in huge shirts like this! And I miss having thleepovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment