I just got two exciting letters in the mail and am feeling so much relief - I am even blogging about it. Firstly, I made the Dean's list for the 5th semester in a row (top 10%… what?!?!). Secondly, we have been awarded scholarship housing for another year. No rent 'til we graduate!! I know what you are thinking… what else is there to spend money on if you have no car payment and no rent?? Well, believe me, somehow our income is still never enough. I had to get a root canal and three fillings, which was a little shy of $3000. Tuition, books, and school fees seem to rob us blind every semester, and having this month off has meant meals that actually call for a recipe. Yep, that's right, we haven't had plain old chicken and rice for a whole week! Fresh produce and spices are expensive, but oh, so worth it.
Oh, and guess what I did?? I registered for a half-marathon in October. Now, now,... stop laughing… I am serious (that's okay if you do find some humor in this, seeing as I have never run more than 3 miles in my life). There were two things that I always wanted to do but knew I never would be able to: 1.} go to college; 2.} run a marathon. I figured since I have conquered one, I can start on the next. I am starting small with the half-marathon, but there will soon be the full marathon under my belt. Laugh all you want, but mark my words; this will be Joe and I crossing the finish line come October!

No comments:
Post a Comment