12.18.2010

December 2010

This December has been quite an eventful one for us. Unfortunately, I have done nothing but complain all week to my poor sister Lindsey about all the bad things that have happened, and how horrible and sad my poor life has been. Our car had to have more work done on it on Thursday (650 dollar's worth to be exact), Joe got another kidney stone on Wednesday (still waiting for the ER bill to come), I made a batch of caramel and three batches of toffee last night that didn't turn out (I blame my pans), so I had to give rice crispy treats with sprinkles to neighbors because I was so baked-out. Then, I had a pity party with myself because I have no money to get Joe anything for Christmas. Every year I feel like I have something that he will be super excited about. Something that he has wanted but thinks he'll never get. This year, I literally have nothing. This afternoon, though, it hit me while I was preparing my sharing time for Primary tomorrow how incredibly blessed I really am, and how I really should have nothing to complain about. There have been so many amazing things that have happened for us this month, so I am done focusing on all the bad and will only focus on the good from now on (Lindsey, don't quote me on this when I call to complain again tomorrow about wanting my baby here).

Firstly, Joe is officially done with school! He got a 4.0 and did an amazing job on all of his projects this semester. I didn't do as well, but actually did much better than I thought I would. Secondly, I had my shower up north on the 11th that Helen, Erin, and Lindsey threw for me and it was A-MAZING. There were Helen's amazing dips and cheese ball, my mom's famous toffee, and everyone I invited came. It was so fun to see all my family and friends gathered just for Joe and I and our sweet baby Rawlings. I felt like the most blessed girl in the world, and honestly, I'm pretty sure I am. Joe has been able to work with Jason at the Pizza Cart and earn extra money, so we were able to already pay some of our car expense off that we charged to the credit card. Our bishop came by tonight to give us a gift from "the ward", which was a $100 gift certificate to Wal Mart. Pretty sure every ward member doesn't get that every year. I'm sure someone (the Murrays) said something (the Rawlings don't have any money) to someone (the Bishop) so that we were one of the 'special' ward members to get a gift like that. How grateful am I for it? More than words can express… seriously. On top of that, my last day at work was yesterday, and the amazing people I worked with got us the only two things we didn't get that we wanted: a Boppy nursing pillow and and bouncer chair. Oh, and one more thing, WE ARE HAVING A BABY. I don't know why it hit me so hard today how amazing this is. Heavenly Father chose us to be the parents of a sweet baby boy. He will be here any day. I hope every day that he will come and I will get to hold him, but I know that he will come when he is supposed to… and we have him for eternity! Our family is forever and I am impatient about a few days! I am so grateful for the gospel in our lives, our amazing families, friends, and that we have each other. Joe is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I can't wait to fall even more in love with him watching him be a dad.

To sum up a very long post: I am a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Blog Archive