2.28.2011

15 Minutes of Fame

Joe had the opportunity of being chosen to speak to the faculty, staff, and students in the art department here at SUU. Every year they choose just 4 students to talk about their work and give advice to new students. He usually isn't too excited about public speaking, but this time he was, and he did so amazing.

I was all ready sitting in the audience of a full house, with a binky ready in case Cohen got fussy. I wanted the whole thing recorded so we would always have it, and also so we would be able to show our families who don't live here just how cool he really is. But, just my luck, about 17 seconds into his introduction, Cohen got fussy and unfortunately didn't want his binky. Yes, just as one of Joe's professors started talking about what an amazing designer he is, I had to go out and calm down my crying child. I am officially that mom sitting in the audience while everyone around her whispers why would someone bring a baby to this thing? How rude.

Here is the very short, very disappointing clip I got of his 'presentation'. Such a bummer.




You'll just have to take my word for it; Joe was amazing. I know I am his wife so I am a little biased, but really, he was.

No comments:

Blog Archive