Now that our final days living in Cedar City are here, we have already had to say goodbye to many great friends. We are both so glad to be done with school, and to be moving on to a new chapter in our lives. On the other hand, though, it is a lot harder than we thought it would be to say goodbye to so many great people we have met while living here; a lot of them more like family than friends.
There are a bunch of girls that I have gotten together with for 'Girls Night' within the last few months, and it has been such a great break from school/home for me. We make crafts, eat food, and talk about anything and everything there is to talk about. Every time we get together we think we have talked about everything there is to talk about, but somehow each time we find more randomness to talk about for three more hours. We like to call it 'word vomit'. Gross, I know, but once we all start talking, it just keeps coming and coming and there is no stopping it. Seriously.
Last week we had a 'favorite things'-themed girls night, where we all brought our favorite thing that was $10 or under, and swapped it with someone else's favorite thing. I brought the book Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. I love children's books more than anything, and this is one of my favorites. I stole these pictures from my friend's blog:
We also had a BBQ two nights ago to celebrate graduation, and also Brooke's birthday. We even let our husbands and kids come to this one. So generous of us, I know. We spent the night playing Mafia, and eating,of course.
There are so many things I will not miss about this chapter in our lives (school, being extremely poor, our peeping tom, etc.), but there are so many more things I will miss (my primary presidency calling, friends, Zion, Cedar canyon, SUU, etc.). One thing I will miss probably the most is visiting Joe at the Pizza Cart. He just looks so cute in his little apron, and the pizza isn't so bad either. Hopefully we will be able to come visit often, and remember the good old days of going to school in Cedar City.




No comments:
Post a Comment