8.31.2011

First Haircut

Cohen's hair was beginning to curl over the tops of his ears, so I decided it was time for a haircut. I didn't think it was a big deal at all, until I started the buzzers and saw the first tiny lock of soft baby hair fall to the floor. I don't know why it hit me so hard and made me instantly so sad, but it did.

My baby is growing up so fast, and I have cut his hair off. His first tiny hairs that sprouted from his head are gone!

I finished cutting it, then started going through pictures to see if I could find one that showed his soft baby hair, and I found the picture below. This was last Sunday at my dad's house, sitting on the front porch watching cousin Noah chase after the cat. His tiny whispy hairs will never be the same again! What have I done?!

That is all the hair I cut off in a neat little pile on the table. Am I one of those weird moms that put it in a baggy and labeled it "Cohen's First Haircut"? If you had asked me yesterday, I would have said, absolutely not. But today?… you betcha.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kacy, you are just too cute. Happy you are having such fun being a mom. xoxox Gram

Blog Archive