11.16.2011

More Taters

I've been in the kitchen this morning making more sweet potatoes for my little Mr. C.  He loves sweet potatoes more than almost anything.  I'm not sure where he gets his love for them;  I don't like them and neither does Joe (like most things that grow from the ground).  I'm dreading the day when Cohen says, "if dad doesn't have to eat them then I don't have to eat them".  He'll end up only eating chicken, rice and a couple curry dishes. So for now, I'm letting him eat all the sweet potatoes his little heart desires.

When Co sees me get out a jar of them from the freezer, he gets so excited.  He tenses up and bounces his little bum up and down in his high-chair, then adds in a little fake cough mixed with a whine to prove the point that he reeeeally wants some.

It makes a mess of my small kitchen, but making a bunch and freezing it every couple weeks sure does save money and time in the long-run.  I'm sure Gerber wondered why their sweet potato sales spiked for 4 months then drastically dropped.  It's because the Rawlings started making their own.

No comments:

Blog Archive