12.01.2011

Thursdays with Grandma

Every Thursday, my mom heads to Lehi to spend the day with Lindsey and her kids.  Once in a while I'll tag along; I love to spend time with everyone, but Cohen doesn't nap if he doesn't have a crib to sleep in.  Today was one of those days that I decided to tag along.

As always, my mom brought goodies for the grandkids.  This week, it was a cardboard advent calendar filled with a piece of chocolate for each day of December, and some candy jewelry.  My grandma Beutler used to bring me and my sisters a chocolate advent every year, and it was probably the thing I looked forward to most.  I don't ever remember opening one each day, but rather all 25 on the first night.  I would open them all and eat them, but then carefully make it look like all the doors were unopened but the ones that were supposed to be.  I'm sure I wasn't fooling anyone, but I thought I was pretty sneaky at the time.

My nephew didn't share in my excitement with the chocolate of the advent calendar.  He took one nibble of the first piece, and asked me to find a garbage to throw the rest of it away.  Instead, he nibbled on his candy jewelry throughout the day.





No comments:

Blog Archive