2.05.2012

Balloons at the Library

It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.  A thirty-something blind woman making the most amazing balloon creations I've ever seen.  She could make anything.

She sat on a small couch in the children's section of the Salt Lake library with her seeing-eye-dog lying patiently on the floor beside her.  She would ask kids as they walked by, "what would you like me to make you?".  We saw her make an intricate hat, a flower with a stem and leaves, and a motorcycle.  We thought the motorcycle was pretty neat, so we asked her to make one for Cohen.

I seriously left the library wanting to go every Saturday just to watch her and the look on the kid's faces as she twisted each balloon into so many different things.  I asked her how long she had been doing it, and she said she started learning about 23 years earlier.

I am so grateful for these little simple moments in my life.  Small acts of kindness like this make my heart so full.


After we read with Cohen and took a ride on the elevators, we all decided to take a trip to the roof.  We were lucky to have cousin Bailey with us this weekend to enjoy a day in the city.

1 comment:

Bryce said...

FUN!!! I sure Miss you guys, and hope all is well back home.

B

Blog Archive