Drumroll please... Joe and I just signed a lease on an apartment with a WASHER AND DRYER. For the first time in our married lives, we will have one in our apartment. Anyone with kids (and a husband) knows how much laundry accumulates in a single day, so to say I'm glad to wave goodbye to laundromats doesn't even begin to really begin to describe how I really feel. No more spending $50 of quarters every month, no more letting laundry accumulate into not one or two huge piles of laundry, but sometimes even three. (And we don't even have that many clothes. There were a couple of times Joe wore one of my t-shirts to work. Not even kidding. We hated doing laundry that much.)
Our new place will also have two bedrooms. Cohen isn't even going to know what to think when he wakes up in an actual room of his own. No more hallway, family room, or closets for him. His very own room. Now Joe and I just have to share a room with baby #2 for a while until he/she is sleeping through the night, then Cohen will have a new roommate. Yes, that's right, we are having another little sweetheart brought into our family mid-October. Finding this apartment has finally allowed me to be reeeeally excited about it, too. We now have a place with room to grow, in a dreamy Sugarhouse neighborhood with lots of parks nearby. It has tons of windows, plenty of storage room, a backyard with a patio, a dishwasher, and did I mention a washer and dryer??
Just when you think nothing is working out for you, suddenly everything does. I keep having to re-learn the lesson of patience, and remember that Heavenly Father knows our needs and is always looking out for us. And at this point in our lives, we know that he has been seriously watching out for us this year. Consider that lesson re-learned!
4 comments:
I am so excited about your new place!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)
Mom and I are pleased to hear about your good fortune. We are ready to help you move.
Congrats on your new little Squishy coming this fall! And HOORAY for a washer/dryer, 2bdrm apartment! That's a lot of good news in one post! I am so happy for your cute little family Kacy! I hope you are feeling well & Baby #2 isn't making ya too nauseous!
Wow haven't been on computer for awhile. First of all, so happy to hear about #2 coming in Oct. Yes a bigger place will definitely be so nice. That makes 2 in Oct. Yahoo. Cohen is so cute walking. Gary walked at 15 months also. He is so cute and busy. You are so blessed. Love you all Gma
Post a Comment