6.17.2012

Girls' Section

So I finally got to spill the beans today.  I found out the sex of our little bean on the 7th of this month and have kept it a secret from Joe until today.  Let me repeat that again... I kept a secret from Joe for ten days.  Not just a little secret, but the fact that we are having a GIRL.  If you know me at all, this is a big deal.  I make him open Christmas presents weeks early because I just can't stand the anticipation of it all.  But, I'm proud to say I pulled this one off, and it was well worth it.

I went shopping in the girls' section trying to find a little something to wrap and give him with the ultrasound pics, and it was so weird.  I feel like boys' stuff is so easy.  Once you cross over into the girls' section it is overwhelming and complicated and will give you anxiety.  Ruffles and sparkles is a lot to take in.  It might just take me a little more time to get used to the idea of having a little girl in the family, and luckily, time is what I have.  19 weeks, to be exact.

Once Joe opened the box filled with the ultrasound pics, balloons, tissue paper, and frilly girl clothes it took him a few seconds, then he said, "you knew it was a girl this whole time??!".  I think he was just as surprised as I was that I kept my mouth shut about something for longer than two minutes.  Yes, Joe, I can keep a secret from you for longer than two seconds.  And, yes, we are having a girl.  Too much to take in all at once, I know.

Happy Father's Day!


3 comments:

Layne & Crystal said...

Oh my goodness!! How exciting!! Congrats!! Little girls are so much fun (altho I do agree the clothing can be a little much & I don't have a lil boy to compare it to). Oh yay! I'm so happy & exited for you!! Have fun shopping!!

alli taggart said...

yay! a girl!
and I TOTALLY know what you mean about the boys section vs the girls section. one rack vs 17, plus a few shelves for the girls!

Cindy said...

Yay! I can't wait to see a little Kacy running around. Or at least pictures of a little Kacy running around. We really need to live closer.

Blog Archive