I have never been one to buy Cohen toys. He has toys, yes, but they are toys from Christmas and his birthday - mostly from other people. I always looked at people with a toy room full of toys and thought to myself, really? Do they really care about every single one of these toys? Really??
I had an epiphany yesterday in church when a little boy Cohen's same age was sitting behind us and giving Cohen some of his toys to play with. I felt like I had neglected my child and should be slapped on the wrist for not ever having any figurines (animal or human) for him to play with. Cohen plays and talks with his stuffed animals all day long, but I never thought he needed anything else to to role play and pretend with. When we saw a different, brand new side of Cohen while playing with these toys on Sunday, Joe and I decided to take a trip to Target to find him a new toy.
Well, today I got it. I got why kids have so many stinkin' toys. Watching him play with his new fire truck, with firemen and shapes to put inside, for hours on end made me feel like I was the best mom in the world. Seriously, because I bought this toy I felt like a good mom. Sad, I know. I now vow to never look at another family's ridiculous toy collection and think anything but, cool! Look at all these toys!.



No comments:
Post a Comment