This kid has a morning routine. He yells mom! about three times before I roll out of bed to get him; as soon as I walk in his room, he gathers up his stuffed animals that he slept with the night before (usually Ralphie and Monkey), and stands up with a big grin; I get him out of his bed and he runs to turn off his fan (I put one on at night for white noise); and he struts into the living room scanning around at what to do first - with his animals still in tow.
Usually on Saturdays I turn on some Sesame Street on Netflix. He watches it with his animals tucked under each arm. There is just something about Saturdays that makes me think he needs to watch some kid TV. Like it's breaking some sort of kid law not to laze around for a half-hour before getting ready and starting the busy day.
(The cutest thing about mornings, though, is after he really wakes up and gets in a few minutes of playing. He decides that his animals need to be put back in his crib for when he goes back to sleep. He gathers them up, trots back into his room, and tosses them in. I guess that way he knows he doesn't need to worry that he'll have to take a nap alone later.)

No comments:
Post a Comment