4.26.2013

Ellie Girl @ 6 Months

We got iPhones this week.  This is a huge deal for us.  Well, mostly a huge deal for Joe seeing as he's been begging me like a 7-year-old boy would beg his mother for a puppy (I promise I'll take good care of it; I swear, I really really neeeeed one; if you don't get me one then I'll just get one without telling you and hide it in my room).  I figured it would cost way too much and just be another distraction that we didn't need, but come to find out, it was free and only 10 dollars more per month than we were already paying TMobile for phones and service circa 2001.  So we switched, and we are official Verizon/iPhone customers.  Heaven help us.

For me, having a camera on my phone will probably be life changing.  Now I can take even more completely unnecessary pictures of things like my food on lunch dates, the weather while I'm driving to the store, self-taken pictures of myself with my kiddos, or even pictures of Elliot ripping up the paper on the examination table at the Dr's office like a mad woman for her 6 month appointment.  I don't even want to think about what would have happened if I hadn't had my iPhone to capture this moment.  In a month, I would have forgotten this moment completely!!  Tragedy averted.



The doctor said Elliot is really developmentally advanced for her age.  This is something I am not used to.  At Cohen's appointments, he was always a little behind because he was so tall and huge for his age, and his coordination was always playing catch up with his vastly growing limbs.  The doctor said to start feeding her solids twice a day, and finger foods at dinner like soft veggies and quickly dissolving foods. I nodded and said okay like it was something I was already considering, but really I died a little inside.  I wanted to shake her and say, "but she's only a baby!  I just started her on solids a month ago, and am feeding them to her maybe every other day!  And now you want her on finger foods, too??  What are you going to tell me next, to give her a sippy cup at dinner?!".  But I didn't say any of that, because I know it's just my crazy mommy-ness wanting to keep my baby a baby forever.  And actually, the next thing the doctor said was, "and give her a sippy cup at dinner.  She's ready for it."  Nnnnnnoooooooo!

6 Month Stats:
Weight - 16 pounds, 11 oz (66th percentile)
Height - 26.6 inches (80th percentile)

No comments:

Blog Archive