7.22.2013

Another Move

We closed on our first home on the 9th of July.  Joe worked his tail off (along with many other family members) fixing and painting for three days, and we moved in on the 13th.  Joe was out of town from the 14th until the 20th for work, and our 6th wedding anniversary was on the 21st.  We didn't do a thing but sit around and enjoy being home (OUR VERY OWN HOME!  WITH NO ONE BELOW OR ABOVE US!).  We can still hardly believe it.

Cohen has been pretty unsure about the whole thing and keeps asking to go "home".   After we had been living here for about a week, we went back to our rental to clean up a few things.  When we pulled up he yelled, "WE'RE HOOOOME!", with the biggest smile on his face I'd ever seen.  Needless to say it broke my heart in half.  BUT - he is pretty excited about the wood floors to race his cars on, and the underground trampoline that was kindly left by the previous owners .  He has always been scared to death of jumping on them, but he took to this one like a champ. I'm sure it being on ground level had everything to do with it.  He makes me sit in a chair and watch him do 'tricks' over and over.

Elliot has been exploring like crazy.  She crawls from room to room examining everything: baseboards, vents, carpet, tile, appliances, and anything else within her reach.  She loves the laundry room because there's an echo, so she'll plant her little self in there and talk/squeel/yell forever - or until Cohen comes in and pushes her over and tells her to be quiet because his baby is sleeping. (He got a little baby doll from grandma right before we moved and it has been a bit of a life-changing experience for him - but I'll save that for another post).

2 comments:

Kelli Clark said...

yay I am so excited for you guys. I need to come and see your new home. Well and see Elliot. I can't believe I have not seen her yet . Not to mention we need to get our boys together. they would have so much fun. Daxtyn needs to learn a thing or two from Cohen.

Liesel said...

i always love your pictures.

Blog Archive