6.17.2014

Cohen @ 3.5

I feel like Cohen has grown up so much in the last month.  We've been going to the pool twice a week, and he LOVES to swim.  He jumps off the side in the deep end with his floatie-vest on, and as soon as his little head bobs back up to the surface he yells, "again, again!".  He'll do this for hours. Joe's been trying to teach him a few different swimming strokes, but so far the doggy paddle is the technique of choice.

He has a few friends in the neighborhood that he plays with regularly, and it is so fun to watch them.  A couple of them are girls that are about a year older than him, and it is hilarious to listen in on them playing. They go pick flowers, build castles with blocks, then tell me they're going to get married in the temple.  

Cohen also started soccer last week.  He is extremely shy at first, but after a while he warms up and starts to do what the coaches tell him - sometimes.  All week long he talks about soccer and how good he is, how hard he's going to kick the ball, that he's not going to be shy, how fast he's going to run,  and that he's going to talk and not hide (he hides behind me at first when the coaches start talking to him).  When soccer practice time rolls around, he gets really nervous and uneasy.  He loves the idea of it and talking about it, but not actually going.  But it's fun to see him with his 'team' kicking the ball around and playing. 

Here are a few of my favorite Cohen-ism as of late:

Oh. Mine. Heck!
Elliot, you look BOO-FUL!
Do you want to see my muscles?
Come on, let's check it out.
Never, never! (instead of just saying 'no')
I think I'm tired. I need to lay down and watch a show. (thinks it's equivalent to a nap)
Come muscle me! I'm big and strong! (he means wrestle me)
Mom, you're hurting my feelings. (anytime I say no the anything)
I'm too busy! (anytime I ask him to clean up)






No comments:

Blog Archive