Where to even begin with this Elliot Mae of mine? She is one chubby, adorable ray of sunshine in our family. She and Cohen usually play really well together, mostly because she gives in to his every request most of the time. She knows how to push his buttons though, so if she's in that mood, watch out. It ain't pretty.
She loves to play 'mommy' - going to the store or church throughout the day. She walks around on her cell phone talking gibberish then bursts out laughing throughout the conversation. She also loves to help me in the garden. She would water plants all day if I let her. The minute I start getting my gardening gloves on she comes running and yelling, "help you, mom??!!".
She's really into having me watch everything she does. Somehow she turns the word 'watch' into three syllables: waaah-t-chhhh. She'll tell me to watch, turn around in a circle, or put her head on the ground like she's going to do a somersault, then looks at me like 'can you believe how cool that was?!'. I respond by saying 'cool trick!' or 'wow, Elliot!" and she yells yeah! and does it all again. When we go to the pool, it's the same thing - for two hours. CONSTANTLY. I'm sure the people sitting around me get pretty tired of me saying 'Wow, cool!' in my high-pitched mommy-voice and roll their eyes as they scoot further away from us. But, whatever.
She has really been into the 'sad' emotion lately. She pretends like her babies are crying and says "baby's saaad" over and over. She pretends like the people she's talking on the phone to are crying, and every time Cohen cries or throws a fit, she tells everyone over and over, 'Cohen's saaaaad'.
One of her favorite phrases right now is "I do it!". She has to do everything herself. Whether it's getting in her car seat (this one takes forevvvverrrrr), putting on her pants, cutting up her food, pouring her own water, or washing her own hands with soap - she. does. it. her. self. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and tell her I'm going to help her just a little, and a fit is thrown for 5 minutes. Usually doesn't actually save me any time, I'm learning.


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment