9.21.2014

New Bed

Cohen was coming into our room about 3 times a night informing us he needed to sleep in our bed because, and I quote, "my bed is not cozy".  I would walk him back into his bed, get him another blanket, and go back to bed... until he woke up again a few hours later looking for something a little more comfortable for the night.

Granted, he is rather large for his age, and the bed he was sleeping on was a small toddler bed.  He's only 3, but since he's the size of a 5-year-old we decided to start reconsidering his sleeping arrangements. Elliot was also ready for a change from her crib situation, seeing as she decided she needed to be potty-trained a few weeks ago, and getting up to go to the bathroom is hard when you have to conquer a difficult climb out of your crib first.

The first couple nights with both of them in their new beds was interesting.  And hilarious.  And draining. They still share a room, so they would take turns coming out to tell us they needed more water, needed a more cozy blanket, needed a book, needed a car, needed a different book, needed a light on so they could see their book, etc. We ended up having to set up Elliot's crib in our room late the first night because she would not stay in her bed.  Or her room, for that matter. But after a couple nights of it she stayed in her big-girl bed and slept like a champ.

Unfortunately, this has also made nap time interesting. She skipped naps for three days in a row, which is totally not like her.  Usually she loves her nap time.  When I'd go to check on her after she'd been in there about 30 minutes she'd be standing by the door examining her belly button, or playing quietly with her little kitchen, or crawling around under Cohen's new bed.  It was not a very good few days for her. Or me.  But today, I went to check on her after a few minutes, PRAYING she would still be in her bed.  I opened the door to find her bed I had just tucked her into empty, Cohen's pillows thrown onto the floor, and her little body scrunched up on his bed. I'll take it!


1 comment:

Layne & Crystal said...

you are a brave woman! I am not looking forward to the day that Finn is in a big boy bed. Lucy hardly stays in hers, I can't imagine wrangling TWO youngsters back in bed every night. And the picture of her napping in Cohen's bed is adorable!

Blog Archive