1.15.2020

Cohen is NINE!

Never has there been a better reaction than today when Cohen got his birthday present. We got him a basketball backpack to keep all his gear in, and inside we wrapped the pair of shoes he has wanted for the last year: THE D.O.N. (Donovan Mitchell's Adidas shoe - "Determination Over Negativity".) The whole week I had been going back and forth about whether a pair of shoes would suffice for his birthday and came to the conclusion that sometimes kids are going to be disappointed with what they get, and that's okay...but was I ever wrong. When he opened the backpack and saw the shoe-sized box inside I thought he was going to cry. I love this kid and his excitement about things he loves. 

And a very Happy Birthday to my firstborn babe! I can't believe I've already been a mom for 9 years of my life (and also, I can't believe I've only been a mom 9 years of my life!?). I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times more: the years are short, but the days are long.

No comments:

Blog Archive