3.01.2021

First Trip in the Trailer


It was windy, freezing, and somehow still so much fun. We have been dreaming about getting a trailer to go places together for years, and finally pulled the trigger for Christmas last year (sending 2020 out with a bang). When we woke up the first morning together in Moab, with the sun starting to peek in the windows, the red rocks glowing outside, and the kids waking up and climbing into bed with Joe and I one by one... it was pure joy. Something I'll never forget and hope to have a thousand more memories of in the future.

We went hiking to Delicate Arch the first day. Joe and I were kicking ourselves for not bringing the kid-carrier backpack. We figured Ben and Andie would both need to be hauled to the top, so we assumed we'd get as far as the kids would let us. They were all were such champs, but Andie deserved a gold medal. Every time it got a little tricky or steep, I would hold my hand out to help her and she would say, "I can do it myself, Mom." Then I'd hear her whisper to herself, "this is the hardest part... this is the hardest part."  Hearing her give herself that little pep talk was the highlight of my day. Seeing Delicate Arch with all of my kids was pretty good, too.

Camping in a trailer is a game changer for me. Like, completely and utterly changes the workload from 100% of the stuff you don't want to do and deal with while camping with four kids, to all your dreams coming true and getting to do 100% of all the things you love to do with your kids in the great outdoors without the work of actually camping with four kids. We explored and hiked around during the day, with a few breaks to play some card games and puzzles, then watched movies, popped popcorn, made cookies, and roasted marshmallows at night. Can't wait for more adventures this year with this family of mine!

 

1 comment:

Layne & Crystal said...

This sounds so dreamy, my friend. ❤️ Sounds like a magical time was had by all with many more to come. Hope you and your sweet family are doing fantastic! I’m SO glad you still have your blog so I can see these sweet snapshots of your beautiful family.

Blog Archive