5.09.2011

A Real Mother's Day

I hate, I mean hate, when people use their blogs to talk about how amazing their husbands are, and all the wonderful things they do, and how good-looking they are, etc. I mean, just tell them that yourself and call it good, you know?

Buuuuuuuuut… today I have to break my own #1 blogging rule. Don't worry, I have already told Joe all these things, many times. He is an amazing husband and dad every day, but yesterday was extra-amazing. It was my first real Mother's Day. I woke up to cupcakes from Twentyfive Main (my favorite little place in St. George), and a witty little Mother's Day card.


Here I go. I am going to say it… on. my. blog. I have an a-mazing husband.

And Mother's Day wouldn't be Mother's Day without talking about how amazing I think my mom is, right? She is witty, funny, talented, beautiful, and loves my son almost as much as I do. I don't think we realize what our mother's went through for us until we are mother's ourselves. And I decided I have an amazing mom. (You can talk about how great your mom is all you want on your blog - Blogging rule #2.)

Aaaaand, you also don't realize how much you appreciate how your mother-in-law raised your husband until you have a son to raise yourself, and you hope and pray you can do half the job she did. I couldn't have even wished that I would get to have a more amazing mother-in-law than the one I got. I know I will never be able to live up to the way she raised Joe, but I will try. Really hard.

No comments:

Blog Archive