Cohen has a cousin who is two months older than him. Oxford may be older, but he is not bigger. Cohen has him by a few inches and a few pounds, but you can definitely tell who is older by how 'mature' Oxford is. He doesn't put things in his mouth, and inspects everything with this two tiny fingers. Cohen, on the other hand, has to work hard to get things in his fist, then shoves it directly to his mouth. Oxford watches this and just stares - in disgust, almost.

I was reading a book with both of them on my lap, and Oxford really wanted to turn the pages. He would stick out his tiny little pointer finger and thumb, and try to turn it to the next page before I had even begun reading the page we were on. When I read books with Cohen, he bats at the pictures with his hands, and tries to grab the book from me the whole time. Well, this time wasn't any different. Cohen would be hitting away at the pages, and Oxford would look at me like, are you going to let him ruin this story for me? I couldn't help but laugh through the whole book, and decided that reading probably wasn't the best thing to have them do together at this stage. Maybe their friendship can blossom when Cohen learns to read.






No comments:
Post a Comment