I knew I should have stayed home yesterday. I could tell Cohen was having one of those days from the second he woke up. When my mom called asking me if I wanted to join in on a picnic and day at the park with my sister and her kids, I figured it would be fine.
It wasn't.
By the time we got home around 3:30, Co still hadn't had a nap, and I could tell the countdown to complete meltdown was at about thirty seconds. I gave him a cup of water and some raisins, and that's when it happened. He threw himself on the ground and started screaming, kicking, doing back-bends, and squirming around like a fish out of water. For about 15 minutes I tried to calm him down with his favorite blanket, sock monkey, and anything else I could think of. With everything I offered him it just got worse and worse, so I decided to just walk away. He writhed around for another 30 minutes or so (which seemed more like five hours), when all the sudden it just stopped. The screaming finally stopped, and ten seconds later was replaced by his own little truck-engine sounds. Thank heaven he finally decided that playing with his truck seemed like a better idea than tantrum-throwing. I'm not sure how much longer I could have listened to the torturing sound of my miserable baby.
In the future, Kacy, just stay home and make sure he gets a nap.


No comments:
Post a Comment