1.10.2014

Cohen Lately

This kid turns three on Wednesday.  THREE.

I always get a little sad inside when I see my babies growing up.  I want them to be little forever and want this time to last as long as possible.  Every birthday so far has been a little bittersweet for me, because that means another year has flown by and I know the next 18 will go by just as fast.

This week I've changed my mind (for now).  I decided that no matter what age they are, it will be my current favorite.  The things that come out of Cohen's mouth literally have me cry-laughing during the day.  We've been potty-training over the past two days, and he thinks he is so grown up now (which, I guess he is). Seeing him in his little undies running around having light saber battles by himself makes me think life can't get any better than right now. But I know it will tomorrow, because it always does. He'll make it more entertaining guaranteed.



Things I want to remember about right now:

-His prayer yesterday over breakfast: "Hev'ly Father, thank you this day, bless mom will turn on a show and let me eat cookies, amen"...  and his prayer last night before bed: "Hev'ly Father, thank you this day, Christmas is over, amen" (he also keeps informing Elliot throughout the day that Christmas is over.)

-He adds SO BAD to the end of sentences when he really means business
Co: Where's dad?
Me: Dad's at work.
Co: But I want to play with dad SO BAAAD

-When he asks for something he thinks I might say no to, he starts it like this:
Co: I know!... (in a very excited, loud, smiley voice)
Me: What?
Co: Watch a show and eat cookies!
Me: We just watched a show this morning and we're not going to have cookies until after lunch.
Co: I know!!!... (in an even more excited & loud voice - before I even get to finish my previous 'no' sentence)
Me: What?
Co: Go to the Red Store (Target) and get Cohen a CARRR!!!

-When he doesn't know how to explain something to me in words, he'll act it out.  It gets pretty frustrating for both of us when he's acting out something he wants me to play with him and I have no clue what he wants me to do. He'll get his hands moving and sound effects going to try to help me out, but it doesn't.

-Band-aides. fix. everything.  He gets chapped lips, he'll slap a bandaid over them. His nose gets raw from a runny nose after Christmas - slaps a bandaid over his nostrils.  Rips a page in his library book - runs to the bathroom and returns with a bandaid to fix it.

No comments:

Blog Archive