1.15.2014

The Co-Bear Turns 3

Cohen was a little confused about the whole birthday thing this year.  He kept asking me if it was Christmas, so I'd tell him it was HIS birthday, not Christmas.  Throughout the day I heard him telling Elliot 'it's MY happy Christmas'.  Maybe next year the almost-three-week break between Christmas and his Birthday will be enough for him to distinguish between the two.  They both are celebrating someone's birthday, and he gets presents either way.  I can see where the confusion lies.

He was obsessed with his cake this year.  I had this grand idea in my head of what it would look like. After he went to bed last night, I went for it.  For two hours.  Unfortunately, it ended up being about half as grand as I had pictured it.  I felt defeated when I finished it and put it in the fridge last night, tired and frustrated.  I brought it out after dinner tonight, and his reaction to seeing it was priceless.  He squealed and sat staring at it for a good hour - circling around it, inspecting it close up, then far away. He acted like it was a cake carved by the Birthday Gods, so I changed my mind and was happy with it. Just like that it went form a disappointment to something I took close-up pictures of to never forget.

Happy birthday, my boy. Love you to the moon and further.


No comments:

Blog Archive