4.28.2014

California

My dad, Lindsey, Nathan and I took a road trip to California this month.  It was 4 days of driving, spending time with family, attending a wedding, visiting places we'd never been and just enjoying being away from kids (for a few hours before we missed them all like crazy).

First of all, let's talk about the Oakland Temple. Can I go back in time and get married here, please? Taking pictures here was a dream.


Okay, now let's talk about San Francisco.  We had about three hours there, and I wish it would have been three days. I definitely need to go back another time to explore, but it was fun to walk around Pier 39, look at the ocean, Alcatraz, eat a $6 ice cream cone and buy a San Francisco snow globe for the kids that lasted less than 3 hours before Cohen dropped it on the tile floor and glitter and water went everywhere.  He is still telling his sister regularly, "sorry for breaking our special surprise, Elliot".


Also, it is worth mentioning that my kids didn't miss me one little bit.  I got home about midnight on Sunday night, and I thought I would wake up to a parade of hugs and squeels of "moooooooom! You're finally hoooooome!  We missed youuuuuu!".  But instead Cohen tapped me on the shoulder the next morning while I was still asleep and said, "Mom, will you turn on a show for me?", then he glanced over to the other side of the bed and said, "where's dad?". At first my heart shattered into a thousand pieces, but then I decided I was grateful that I have a husband who can take care of my kids without me having to worry for one single second for the entire four days.


No comments:

Blog Archive