9.16.2010

Coming Along

I have a one-track mind lately. I'll be doing homework and things I should be doing with my time right now, but then the baby kicks, and my mind turns to baby mode. Baby mode consists of looking at baby stuff online (LOTS and LOTS of stuff), working on my quilt, and trying to find a name for him (so far one vote for Porter {me} and one vote for Van {Joe}… yes, as in mini-van or Van Morrison). I hate every name Joe comes up with, and I made a list of names late one night for him to look over and his exact words were, "this is the worst name list I have ever seen!", while laughing out loud. After looking it over again I kind of agreed with him; just to name a few I wrote down that night: Gulliver, Dexter, and Gibson. My only excuse is that it was very late.

So, if this baby doesn't stop moving around soon (which I know it won't), I will probably have to re-take the classes I am in right now. I seriously have no motivation for school right now. My goal until this semester was to graduate with a 3.9 GPA, but now I have more of the mind-set "C's get degrees". And I still have another semester left after he comes! If I can't concentrate with him in my tummy, how am I going to concentrate with him actually here? I may be in trouble, but at least I'll have a quilt and a baby to show for it!


No comments:

Blog Archive